Monday, April 28, 2008

The Neverending Quest

For those of you who know me well (not that many of you would know this, I've only posted like 6 times) I often find that some brands (ie. Wetseal) makes some really unfortunate clothing, which isnt helped by the fact that its cheaply made. Most of the clothing is unappealing at first glance as well (I'm trying to put this all as politely as possible, mind you). However, my budget is dangerously low (c'mon Chanel, Blue Satin shouldn't cost THAT much) and I'm in desperate need of clothing. Trust me, ive been to every vintage store around me a million times this week, were starting to be on a name to name basis! I feel like its sad that Wetseal may be my last resort. Help me. What has this world come to?!



























I definitely see potential with this, and i think the rosettes give it a unique touch. I can totally imagine it with jean shorts, tights, my completely overused minnetonka black boots, and a lame (hippie) headband. ps it annoys me to call it a hippie headband because i dont wear it to look like a hippie, however its the best for describing it. 
Rosette Trim Cami, $18.50
Get it here

























Either color is cool, they have a kind of vintagy feel going for them (hence the name, Vintage Porkchop Short)
$19.50
Get them here


























This bangle is really cool. What can I say, I'm a sucker for elephants (favorite animal. Weird right?) One day Im going to have a pet elephant named Marshall. Or not, I dont think theyll allow elephants in the Dakota. Maybe by then they will...
Elephant Carved Bangle, $6.00
Get it here




So after a long time trolling the website, I suppose i should have found more than three items. However, I'm pretty picky when it comes to this stuff. What i did find was really cute though. Lets think of it as a diamond in the rough. The rough being the mountains of fluorescent colored House of Holland knock-offs and teeny tiny belly shirts. Bleh. I remain a cynical non-believer. 

XOXO,
TBILY

 PS. i will probably not be buying any of these, as I live no where near a wetseal. They could definitely be cute mixing pieces though, so if you likey, you buyey!

PPS KEEP READING, MORE FUN STUFF TO COME

1 comment:

Tavi said...

Love the bangle! Sorry if it disappoints you, but my hair is driving me NUTS and I am cutting it soon!